Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Miracle Worker: Tiger Balm

After reaching for this beloved product for the millionth time, it finally dawned on me that I should share just how amazing this obscure balm is. I remember visiting my grandparents in the unbelievably muggy chaos that is Indonesia and promptly getting bitten by multitudes of mosquitos. After scratching myself raw from all the bites I had gotten, my aunt gave me a balm to use that would help keep the itchiness away. And thus started my love affair with Tiger Balm.


With only six ingredients, Tiger Balm epitomizes all natural. The product comes in a lovely glass jar with subtle oriental influences in the packaging. But most importantly, is the practical uses for the it. The product itself is a clear emollient balm that absorbs into the skin within minutes. When rubbed on mosquito bites, it neutralizes itch, leaving you with a lovely cooling sensation. It can also be used to soothe aching joints, or even help headaches when a bit is rubbed on the temples. The camphor and methanol oil in the balm not only cools, but plumps. I've found that a tiny bit rubbed on the lips makes them noticeably plumper.


At first I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to find this in the United States, but after a quick search on the web, I found that it is available at Walmart, or on Amazon, for a ridiculously cheap prices ranging from two to five dollars. Though sadly, the packaging isn't as pretty as the one I purchased from Indonesia of course it still has the same ingredients. I definitely recommend purchasing this as it has a multitude of uses and is also very affordable. 


love,
   io.

2 comments:

  1. NARS LIPGLOSS IN PIREE REVIEW PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you like the new look? I wanted it to be more mature and polished. And yes, I'm planning to review that.

      Delete