Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Unhealthy Obsession: Urban Decay Build Your Own Palette

I might as well admit it now. I have an unhealthy obbsession with Urban Decay. There is just something about the design, products, and marketing that draws me in time and time again, especially since they've remodeled they've products. Nevertheless, Urban Decay is one of those brands that I know I love. The quality of their eyeshadows beats the likes of Mac, and are essentially the only brand I use to create my eye looks. I may stretch a bit out of my comfort zone once in a while and look into other lines, but for now, Urban Decay has my heart. I already have a quite a few single eyeshadows from them, so when I saw the new Urban Decay Build Your Own Palette, I knew I had to get my hands on it.



Is that not the prettiest thing you've ever seen? The design is absolutely impeccable from the sleek silver UD logo to the edgy multicolored floral print that encompasses the palette. The palette itself consists of a sturdy metal casing with black plastic on the inside. When you open it up, it has spaces for four single UD eyeshadows and a large mirror (in which you can see me in at the moment).


If you are unfamiliar with the new Urban Decay single eyeshadow system, it's ingenious. Each single eyeshadow you purchase can be easily popped out of its casing and put into palettes. Also, you can always take out each shade and put it back into its original casing. This simple design takes away all the fuss of  "depotting" and makes switching out colors in your palette effortlessly easy. 


Unlike its predecessors, this version of the Build Your Own Palette doesn't come with an eyeshadow, making it cheaper ($10 vs. $18) and more convenient if buying more than one so you dont have to deal with having multiples of the same shade. Overall, I am in love with this palette. It ticks off all the boxes-sturdiness, ease of use, attractive design, high quality, reasonable price, etc. It seems Urban Decay is on fire, releasing drool-worthy after drool-worthy product. In fact, I loved this palette so much, that I ran out to Ulta and got another one three days later out of irrational fear that they would suddenly go out of stock. It does say on the Sephora website that it is limited edition though, so I highly recommend getting it before it's gone forever. 

love,
    io.






2 comments:

  1. You have a way with words! Anyways I love the new blog and I hope you continue to post!

    ReplyDelete